Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tv Show Analysis

Blake miller 3/26/13 Writing Assignment 3 Everyone experiences dual romanticistic affinitys throughout their life. Some atomic number 18 great and others be blast right awful. There are many factors that determine the experience of the relationship for both parties and ultimately romantic relationships work best when people are at the same storeys of relationship growth as their partner. The romantic relationship I want to talk some is my relationship with my girlfriend Alex of 4 years. We started dating when we were in high condition and then continued into college.We provoke only taken a break from our relationship once for about 2 months but besides that conduct always done foresighted distance with semi frequent trips in between major school breaks. All of which has strengthened and formed our bond into the amazing relationship we have today. Most relationships begin and end in similar ways nonetheless some move faster than others and skip important steps that are v ital for a healthy relationship and this is why Knapps stumper of Relational Development is a good guideline for starting a relationship.Alex and I began dating in January of my senior year, however, this is not when our relationship began harmonise to Knapps pretending of Relational Development. The first stage of Knapps Model is the initiating stage. For Alex and I this stage occurred when our younger brothers became friends and her family invited my family over for dinner. It was my first time officially meeting her even though I knew who she was from school.Throughout the dinner the two of us talked and did dishes together but acted as friends getting to know each other. However, my pursual in her had begun but she had a incompatible boyfriend at the time. The undermentioned stage of Knapps Model is the experimenting stage. the process of experimenting is trying to discover the unvalued (BB2 pg. 5). This is the stage where people try to learn about the other and induce some common interests or hobbies. For Alex and I this was sports and our brothers.Many times I got to know Alex best before we began dating when we would attend our brothers soccer and basketball games and we would sit down and talk about a variety of different topics. After the experimenting stage comes the intensifying stage. The intensifying stage is the point in a ontogenesis relationship where two individuals start to share more personal and indicate information about themselves. For our relationship it was when Alex and I went on our first date.Alex and I exhausted our first date consisted of me picking her up from her house and deliverance her to my house to have popcorn and visualize Pirates of the Caribbean, the film she wanted to watch which I later found out was because she loves Orlando Bloom. It was the first time we spent time alone talking more intimately and having more physiologic contact like snuggling on the couch. This stage lasted for a fewer weeks and i ncluded our first kiss, which was outside on a bench later school. Naturally the next stage is the integrating stage. The relationship has now reached a point where the two individuals personalities almost seem to fuse or unite (BB2 pg. 8). This stage occurred for us when I asked Alex to be my girlfriend on January sixth 2009 at a restaurant called Little Shin Shin. That day go away forever be a memorable day for me and began the stage of integration that has lasted for years. The final stage, the bonding stage is more of a marital and healthy binding stage and whether that is the final plan for Alex and I is still to be determined.My relationship with Alex has definitely followed Knapps Model of Relational Development. It has been very booming for me to reflect back and think of various interactions and moments that link exactly to the different definitions of the various stages. I believe that Knapps Model is accurate and an trenchant way to develop and create a stable, hea lthy and happy romantic relationship with another individual. Sources 1. Knapp, M. L. , &038 Vangelisti, A. L. (2009). Interpersonal Communication and Human Relationships (6th ed. , pp. 34-42). Boston, MA Allyn &038 Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment